Sunday, May 3, 2015

Learning . . .

I prayed a hard prayer this week. I prayed it without thinking really. And as soon as the words were out of my mouth I wanted to take them back.
               
  “No, God! I didn’t really mean that. I was just kinda . . . thinking out loud.”

You see, this week was kinda one of those “learning experiences.”  The kind that you want to just get it over with but you know that you do need to learn the lesson. “So, let’s just learn this lesson and get it over with already is usually my thought.

But as I was charging away on the sewing machine I was just like,
               
  “God, please don’t let these lessons be in vain. Let me at least use them in my life.”

Almost immediately, I stopped myself.

                “Oh, yeah . . . ummm, about that God. This lesson was on relationships. I don’t really want                    any more lessons in that area. Maybe we can save that prayer for a life lesson that’s a little                   less complicated. If these are the “relationship” lessons, I’m not sure I want to take the                         Test. “

But I knew instantly that was wrong.

God had a reason for everything He takes us through, for every lesson He prepares.  Who am I to say? 
              
                       “I don’t want to learn that, I don’t think I’ll ever use that in my life.”

I certainly have a few things to say to my kids when they try to pull that line on me!

Wouldn’t it be better to learn the lesson to the best of my ability, then maybe I wouldn’t have to repeat it so often! But more than that I would be ready for the Tests when God brings them to me.

So here’s to applying myself to my lessons rather than daydreaming through class . . . .

p.s. this was a post I wrote a week ago and never got around to editing & posting it. Told ya I was behind!


No comments:

Post a Comment