Friday, March 13, 2015

a life of Adventure . . . .

A few months ago I put "create a blog" on my 'bucket' list for 2015. And I kept looking at it and wondering why I felt I needed to start a blog. I mean, my life's not that interesting. Sure, there are people who are nice enough to act interested, but mostly because they're family and that's what they're supposed to do & because right now I'm living a life that most people consider exciting.
Living in a foreign country.
Teaching deaf children.
And, no doubt about it! I have definitely had my adventures! But we won't go there right now . . .
But I got to thinking. Saying my life is not worth sharing, or thinking my life isn't worth the bother documenting is like saying that God is not doing awesome stuff for me.
And that is SO not true.
I have learned so much living outside my comfort zone. Hard things. Things I probably would not have chosen to learn. And I can look back and say, "Wow! thanks for taking me through that, God."
But what about later? When I move back home. When I'm back in my comfort zone? Do the adventures stop? For a while I was thinking that, "Yeah, probably they will. But then maybe some of the Hard Things will stop too." And I was kinda looking forward to that time a little bit. But lately I've been thinking . . . "I hope, Oh, I really hope, things don't go back to normal." How can they? I've changed. And one of the things I've realized is that no matter what country you live in, in your comfort zone, out of it. No matter what your work is, whether you live and breathe it or whether it's something you do to feed the family, if you give God your book and say, "You know what, I'm not that great of a writer. Why don't you write the rest and I will live it." Believe me, God will take you on adventures you never dreamed about. Guarantee it! And that is why I decided to start a blog, because God is writing my Story and He's gonna keep sending Adventures my way as long as I let Him hold the pencil. Long after I no longer teach deaf kids in Central America.

No comments:

Post a Comment